The 2019/2020 PUSD Interim Budget Report is available here.
Below are data points of interest.
- The District’s General Fund expenditures is $177,942,044 with 81% of District expenditures allocated to District personnel. (p. 3)
- $3.56 million net increase in revenue, $6.13 million net increase in expenditures (p. 4)
- Salaries and benefits make up approximately 81% of operating expenses. (p.7)
- One of the driving forces of the District’s budget is the mandated increase in State pension cost. (p.7)
- Pension costs have increased $10,000,000 in just 5 years. That’s 100% from 2015 to 2020! (See graph below from p. 8)
- PUSD’s employer contribution to the STRS (teacher) employees pension funds has increased from 8.00% to 19.1% over 7 years. (p. 7-8)
- PUSD’s employer contribution to the PERS (non-teacher) pension fund is projected to increase from 19.72% to 24.65 in 2021. (p. 8)